- 2 grouse breasts cut into 1” strips
- 8 oz buttermilk
- red potatoes
- Italian bread crumbs
- fresh parsley (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
- vegetable oil
- non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Then, slice the red potatoes into ¼ inch strips and grouse into ½ inch strips.
- Place in oven on a cookie sheet coated in non-stick spray for 35 to 40 minutes checking periodically. Potatoes will be crisp around the edges when done.
- While that cooks, pour buttermilk into a bowl and put the grouse in the buttermilk coating all sides.
- Pour a cup of bread crumbs into a freezer bag and put the grouse in the bag. Shake until the meat is coated on all sides. Add more bread crumbs if needed.
- Heat vegetable oil on medium in a skillet. There should be approximately ¼ inch coating in the bottom. When oil is hot start adding the grouse pieces one at a time, turning until all sides are golden brown.
- Set aside on a plate with a paper towel on the bottom to absorb the leftover oil.
- Serve the grouse with the home fries and enjoy.
- My kids like to dip theirs in a homemade fry sauce that is half mayo and half ketchup.