Spaghetti is one of those meals my family can’t seem to get enough of. I love it because it’s quick and easy after a long day. If you’re on the go like we are, this is the perfect meal for you.
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
- 1lb Ground Turkey
- 1/2 Onion Diced
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Pasta Sauce
- Noodles (**For alternative see below)
- Sauté diced onion and garlic in a large saucepan with olive oil until the onion is translucent.
- Add ground turkey and sauté until brown
- Add pasta sauce and simmer on low for 10-15 minutes
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to the directions on the package.
- Drain the noodles and rinse under warm water
- Combine noodles and top with pasta sauce and parmesan cheese
**Noodle alternative: I love pasta dishes, but I don’t love all the carbs you get in traditional noodles. Let’s face it, after a certain age they are just not your waistline’s friend. But, since my family loves spaghetti, I’ve adapted. Instead of traditional noodles I either eat zoodles or brown rice and quinoa noodles, which you can find in most grocery stores.
Zoodles are simply a zucchini you spiralize into noodles. Loaded with flavor and healthy benefits I definitely recommend giving it a try if you haven’t already. I went through a couple of different pasta makers before I found the Spiralizer on Amazon. It is my favorite.